The Teignbridge Local Plan 2020-2040 Proposed Submission (Regulation 19) Addendum consultation begins today and will run until 5pm on 22 December 2023.
The Addendum is not a fully revised version of the Proposed Submission Plan. It is a revised version of specified parts of the Proposed Submission Plan and Policies Map.
Once adopted, this new Plan will replace the current Teignbridge Local Plan 2013–2033 which was adopted on 6 May 2014. The updated documents reflect the changing needs and circumstances of the district and its residents.
What are we asking for comments on?
We are asking for comments on the following documents:
- Proposed Submission (Regulation 19) Local Plan 2020-2040 Addendum (Nov 2023)
- Policies Map
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Habitats Regulation Assessment
These documents and supporting evidence are available at www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanaddendum
The Need to Know Guide on our website explains how changes have been made and what you can comment on. We are unable to consider any comments made on parts of the Plan that are not shown as changes in this consultation.
If you made comments on the Plan earlier this year (during the consultation in January-March 2023) you do not need to re-send these to us, unless you wish to let us know that the changes we have made have addressed your concerns. Previous comments will be sent to the Inspector for the Public Examination, along with those received during this consultation.
Are paper copies available?
Paper copies of all the consultation documents are available in the Council Offices (Forde House, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX).
How can comments be made?
Please note we can only accept representations in writing. Our preference is for people to submit comments using the Online or Paper Form. However, comments can also be made by email or letter.
- Online Form: www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanaddendum
- Paper Form: available from Parish Council Office, Libraries in Teignbridge District (outside of Dartmoor National Park), or by contacting the Local Plan Team on email@example.com or 01626 215754.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter: Spatial Planning, Teignbridge District Council Offices, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX
All representations must be received during the consultation period. Any responses received after this deadline will not be considered.
When is the consultation period?
The consultation runs from 8 November until 5pm on 22 December 2023.
Where can I find out more information?
To keep up to date on news of the Local Plan Review, please check:
· Teignbridge Local Plan webpage www.teignbridge.gov.uk/localplanreview
· X (formerly Twitter): @Planteignbridge
· Facebook: @Planteignbridge
· Local Press and Media
If you have any questions, or require the documents in alternative formats, please contact the Local Plan Team on 01626 215754 or email email@example.com.